跳到主要內容區塊
新竹市政府民政處
::: 回首頁 網站導覽ENGLISH 新竹市政府
   

新竹市宗教文化導覽





預留區域


古蹟寺廟導覽
古蹟寺廟導覽
一、新竹金山寺-市定古蹟     地址:新竹市金山路115號
       金山寺奉祀觀音佛祖,為林合成墾號召佃拓墾設隘防番之際,墾民祀奉之保護神,1853年由墾首郭家獻地充基,結茅祀佛,名約「香蓮庵」,由於該地有清泉迴繞,許多騷客到此品茗,謂之「零泉試茗」,而改名「靈泉寺」。1889年時,由林汝梅等捐資重建稱為「長清禪寺」,後以其地在金山面乃改稱「金山寺」。
       金山寺在乙未戰爭時焚毀,1896年重建,現存的格局為單進三開間帶左右護龍之合院型寺廟,正殿保存較完整,磚砌結構特殊,增添古樸美感;寺中石獅之造型生動,堪稱佳作。寺前的供食台(佈施台),為1860年之作品,古拙蒼勁,極具歷史價值。
Hsinchu Jin Shan Temple     Address: No.115, Jin Shan road, Hsinchu City
       Jin Shan temple worshipped Quanln FuZu, the protective god for the cultivators in early time. In 1853, the leader of the cultivators Kao family contributed their land to build a grass-roof hut to worship Buddha, named 'Shanlien shrine', until 1857 it was reconstructed as a normal temple. Because of nature spring and stream around this place, a lot of poets and arts always enjoyed to gather here drinking tea and stream around this place, a lot of poets and arts always enjoyed to gather here drinking tea and making poems to find their inspiration of their works, they described the place as 'inspiration spring for meditation', later, the temple was renamed as 'inspiration spring temple'. Lin ZuMei donated money to reconstruct the temple in 1889 and named as Chang Chin temple', later, because its location was near in Shan, and renamed, again, as Jin Shan temple till now.
       The architecture style of Jin Shan temple belonged to the middle era of Ching dynasty, three doors width for the one-way entrance, and two rows of verandas on both sides. The general concept of the building was very simple, but the method of composing the bricks was unique, which added more primitive beauty of the temple. The stone material and sculpture craft used in the temple were fastidious enough, especially the stone lions with special gesture, which was a piece of art. In front of the temple, an 'alms giving' stage, which was built in 1860, was considered now with high value of history.

二、新竹都城隍廟-市定古蹟     地址:新竹市中山路75號
       新竹城隍廟創建於1748年,由淡水同知曾曰瑛倡議興建,1875年,淡新分治,設台北府,但府治仍在新竹,故城隍爺晉升為府城隍-威靈宮,香火鼎盛,有「新竹城隍爺、北港媽祖婆」的稱譽。1888年林汝梅在新竹舉辦全台的護國佑民法會,而成為全台代表性的城隍廟,故於次年起依例「晉封威靈宮、新竹都城隍」,為全台唯一的省級都城隍廟。光緒皇帝頒賜的「金門保障」匾額,為該廟重要文物之一。
       城隍廟的建築規模宏大,本體是採三殿試,格局方正,各部份的木作雕飾均講究,門前的石獅及其他雕式均有藝術價值,龍柱式台北名匠辛阿救的作品,雕工細膩生動;進入大門上方的八卦藻井,為泉州惠安大木匠師王益順的作品,特別值得一看。
Hsinchu City God Temple (Cheng Huang Temple)     Address:No.75, Chunshen road Hsinchu city
       Hsinchu Cheng Huang Temple was build by the officer of Tamshuen Jen Z-Ing in 1748. In 1875, Tamshuen and Hsinchu separated from the same administration area into two areas, as Taipei Fu and Hsinchu, but the government hall still located in Hsinchu. And the Cheng Huang temple was therefore upgraded as a higher rank "Cheng Huang temple – Marquis ShueJing" Well known as "Hsinchu Cheng Huang God, and Beykong Ma-Tzu Goddess" which were two of the famous temples the whole island.
       Hsinchu Cheng Huang temple was also the only one "Capital Cheng Huang" temple, the highest rank of all Cheng Huang temples. KwanShe Emperor of Ching ever bestowed the temple a board sign "the protection of the Golden Gate", which become the important relic of the temple. To observe the temple in a closer view, you would enjoy the delicate art of its woodcraft in detail. The stone lions in front of the temple and the decorations inside were of highly valued. The dragon pillars were the work of Shin A-Chou, the famous Taipei engraver and the delicate fine art of the eight-side diagram ceiling of the entrance was the work of Wang Isweng, the master carpenter from China Chuan Chou.

三、新竹關帝廟-市定古蹟     地址:新竹市南門街109-1號
       新竹關帝廟創建於1776年,由淡水廳同知王右弼所倡建。日治後期廟產被徵收,戰後,由張式榖、沈啟文等人捐獻廟地,由地方人士發起募捐,重新整修,先後經1952、1967、2009陸續完竣,成為今日所見的廟貌。
       本廟三川殿的步口廊柱,並未使用一般廟宇所見的龍柱,兩側的龍虎堵也無過多裝飾,而使得廟宇顯得較為莊嚴肅穆。廟宇不同於其他廟宇,不但門上沒有畫門神,而且還有突起的門釘,本廟的木雕具有相當的藝術水準,特別是吊筒的豎材雕刻展翅的飛天雕像,別具風味。廟中柱聯多為新竹文人所提,極具地方特色。
Hsinchu Kuan Di Temple     Address:No.109-1, southern gate street, Hsinchu City
       HsinChu QuanTi Temple was built in 1776 by the officer Wang IowBi, and was reconstructed in 1871 because of seriously damaged by time. At that time, the government did not have enough money, and civilian donated money to finish the reconstructive work. During the late period of Japan colonial time, Japanese government took away most properties of the temple. After Taiwan restored to the government of Republic of China, the celebrities Chang Sher Quo, Chang KeSheng etc contributed their land to restore the temple. In1946 another repairement had done, and became what it lookednow.
       Compared with other temples, the Kuan Di Temple did not have any dragon pillars in front of the gate, and less decorated in details. Generally the style is more simple but solemn. Also, the front doors without any god paintings; instead, and was decorated with rows of protrudent nails.
       The craft of the wood sculpture wass highly classical. Visitors would find lots of honor boards bestowed by military officials, which revealed the relationship and special character of the temple. The surface of the pillars insides the temple were engraved with poems, which were the masterpieces of Hsinchu literati.

四、新竹水仙宮-市定古蹟     地址:新竹市北門街135號
       水仙尊王是海洋之神,也就是夏代開國君主禹帝。本廟水仙尊王員奉祀於長和宮後殿,為新竹北門地區郊商所崇祀的航海神,後因市街日漸發展,於1863年在長和宮左側拆除店屋另建水仙王殿祭祀水仙尊王。每年的農曆十月初十是水仙尊王聖誕,是本廟最盛大的慶典節日。
       水仙宮是一棟二殿二廊規模的廟宇,三川殿步口並不寬敞,步口簷柱為方形石柱,步口員光為書卷形式,是較為特殊之處,水仙宮之正門以石鼓為門枕石。水仙宮左側外牆上有三塊石碑,其中「長和宮碑」為新建水仙王宮之紀錄,捐款者為當時新竹主要的郊商,為本廟留下珍貴的史料。
Hsinchu ShueiShen Temple     Address:No.135, Northern gate street, north area, Hsinchu City
       The ShueiShen temple worshipped ShueiShen god, which was considered the God of Ocean, and also was the founder of Sha dynasty, King Yu. The idol of ShueiShen(the god of water) originally worshipped in the rear hall in ChanHo temple by the businessman near north gate as the god of aviation. Later, because of the progressive development of the city, people tore the left part of ChanHo temple and built the main hall of the ShueiShen temple, as an independent temple in 1863. Its birthday was the tenth of October in Chinese laurel calendar, and was the biggest festival of the temple among the whole year.
       There were three stones boards on the right side of the wall; "the board of ChunHo temple" recording the history of foundation of ShueiShen temple, and listing the donators's names, most of them were suburb businessmen trading in Hsinchu at that time. These stone boards preserved precious historic informations of temple.

五、新竹長和宮-市定古蹟     地址:新竹市北門街135號
       清乾隆年間,新竹的市街逐漸發展起來,為求精神之寄託,於1742年在新竹竹塹北廂建立這座媽祖廟,後因位於北門外,所以稱為「外媽祖」,竹塹的郊商也求近便而以長和宮為議事之地點,成為各郊商的信仰中心。長和宮奉祀的媽祖神像是由湄州媽祖祖廟請來,也是桃竹苗地區最早的媽祖。
       長和宮為三殿式廟宇,三川殿是整個建築的門面,所以各部裝飾均十分用心,三川步口上的龍柱、石獅、木作、門神彩繪及各門堵上的石刻,均是值得駐足觀賞的部份,尤其是門口的石獅子,十分樸拙可愛。正殿是奉祀主神媽祖的地方,後殿則奉祀觀音佛祖,廟內「霖雨蒼生」、「德可配天」等匾額,均是見證歷史的重要文物。
Hsinchu ChanHo temple     Address:No.135, Northern gate street, north area, Hsinchu City
       Hsinchu was gradually getting prosperous during ChengLung Ching dynasty. For the religious and spiritual belief, civilian built a Ma Chu(goddess) temple near the north gate of the town, and it was also named as "outside Goddess". In ancient time, before the businessman came to Hsinchu, they often gathered in the temple, where it became the people's religion center. The goddess worshipped in the ChanHo temple was brought from MeiChou Ma Chu temple in China, which was also the earliest Goddess among all goddess worshipped in TaoYan, HsinChu and MaoLi. "ChanHo" meant forever peaceful, people wished to have the blessing from god to have safe while sailing on the sea and being harmony with people.
       ChanHo temple was decorated delicately. The dragon pillars, stone lions, woodcraft, front door god paintings, and the stone sculpture engraved on the edge and the frame of doors, were worthy of spending time to take a closer look. Especially the stone lions standing in front of the gate looked simple and cute in their expression. The main hall worshiped Ma Chu goddess; the rear hall worshiped QuanIn FuZu. The sign boards written "rainy for all civilian", and "morality virtue like heavon" were the important historic culture relic.
 
宗教文化輕旅行
       到了香火鼎盛的新竹老城區,就得走一趟最在地信仰群落,有拜有保庇!就從北門老街開始吧,被晉封為「威靈公都城隍」的新竹城隍廟,是台澎地區唯一的省級都城隍廟,已有260多年的歷史,是全台官位最高的城隍爺,善事報天庭,惡事報地府,訴願申冤,不平也擺平!
       直直往北門老街走下去,水仙宮與長和宮並肩排站,前一座主祀水仙尊王;後一座拜媽祖,供著從湄洲媽祖廟迎來的第三尊神像,號稱「湄洲祖廟正三媽」,也稱作「外媽祖」,更別漏了西門街上同樣是拜媽祖的內天后宮,也稱作「內媽祖」,討海人都來這裡祈求海事生活平平順順。
       而中山路上的天公壇,供奉玉皇大帝,有兩百多年歷史,是全台著名的天公壇之一,廟宇雕刻繁麗,興建了九龍柱之後更顯氣派,香火裊裊傾訴風調雨順、國泰民安。
       沒有香火,依舊虔誠。北大路上的北大教堂,仿哥德式的建築風格,加上彩繪玻璃妝點,陽光打入時光影變幻,五彩繽紛,讓教堂在2001年被行政院文化建設委員會(文化部前身)列為全國「歷史建築百景」之一呢!

       一廟一故事,每一支香火都藏著歷史的縱深。由竹塹城展開東區寺廟的巡禮,首站來到東門街上的東寧宮,由新竹東嶽廟、地藏庵、五穀先帝廟合併而來,主祀東嶽大帝及地藏王菩薩,鬼月時有「都城隍放、地藏王收」的傳統,由城隍廟開鬼門,東寧宮封鬼門,是新竹市獨有的民間習俗。轉道南門街上,一座典型祭祀武廟-關帝廟現身,穿越精雕細琢的牌樓,朱紅大門上畫的不是門神,取代的是一百零八顆的金色門釘,氣派地彰顯出宮廟格局。
       竹蓮寺是新竹市古廟之一,主祀觀音菩薩,老市民都暱稱觀音亭,寺內供奉了三尊觀音菩薩,大媽、二媽、三媽皆以泥塑金身、頂戴五佛冠坐鎮大殿,聆聽著川流不息的善男善女最誠心的祈願,讓這裡的香火永遠鼎盛。除了向靈驗的觀音媽祖祈福許願之外,也別忘了欣賞這兒屬於閩南風格的寺廟建築之美,特別的是新竹的特色-玻璃,也以手工燒製成磚片鋪設牆面,讓寺內多了份在地味。
       青草湖東南岸的靈隱寺,迎面而來的是寧靜湖水和尤加利樹木的青翠綠意,這座猶如世外桃源的古剎建於1924年,曾是無上老和尚的道場,早年有許多大陸遷台的高僧在此駐錫,研習佛法風氣鼎盛,還有從新竹神社遷移而來的石燈籠、手水缽等古蹟,倍添隱世獨立的清淨之感與朝聖之心。
       高峰路一路蜿蜒攀升拐個彎,古奇峰和靈秀綠意呈現眼前,一座高達120公尺的關公像氣勢宏偉地聳立著,祂正是普天宮主祀的神祉-關聖帝君,來到這裡可以登高望遠盡覽新竹市全景,寄拜訪幽一次成行。2001年更創建了新竹唯一的月老廟,吸引無數紅男綠女和急著為兒女牽紅線的父母前來,如今貼滿寺廟牆壁的結婚照,和鼎盛香火相映成趣。
       竹科人的信仰中心則首推金山寺,主祀觀音菩薩。這座緊鄰科學園區的樸實老廟,是單進三開間帶左右護龍的合院形建築,外牆橘紅色斗子砌牆面,牆內是土埆,下方以大卵石相疊而成,結構特殊罕見,不同於一般廟宇的華麗繁複,這裡更多了份寧謐與穩重之美,門前石獅與寺前供食台柱渲染著歷史感。

明烈宮╳太初玄清宮╳保安宮
       明烈宮的四府王爺和七夫人媽,有一個小傳說,光緒年間一艘大三帆船隨風向駛入香山港,原來是自福建泉州放洋的王爺船,從此供奉於此,數度顯靈保平安。位於明烈宮旁邊的玄清宮,主奉三清道祖,三清道祖是道教的最高神祇,玉清元始天尊、上清靈保天尊和太清道德天尊三位之合稱,每三年一次的建醮活動是新竹重要的儀式祭典,為鄉民祈福。保安宮則主祀保生大帝,日本時期宮內曾被設為塞司令部,受美軍轟炸期間,香山塘居民受大帝顯靈保庇而平安度過戰亂,從此香火綿延,居民日日祈求農漁豐收。

天后宮╳五路財神廟╳延壽宮
       海線居民的心之懸念,繞著海上平安。香山天后宮,是台灣地區古老的媽祖廟之一,金紙製成的軟身媽祖和上頭「零昭海國」的匾額,見證清代香山海上貿易的時代風華。而五路財神廟,前身為母聖宮,供奉無極聖母娘娘等二十八尊神像,不只信徒香火鼎盛,更是眺望台灣海峽的絕佳地點,背倚金山山坡,面向大海,在夕陽西下時分宛如金粉灑落,美不勝收,有「香山夕照」之稱。在《清代淡水廳誌》中,將「香山觀海」列入全台八景之一,為五路財神廟的景觀評分做了歷史推廣。南方的延壽宮,則主祀倪府大人,與在地社區居民的生活相當緊密,而將倪府大人的事蹟製於寺廟的梁柱上供人參詳,是其一大特色,廣場上則擺設二十四孝石雕。

瀏覽人數:4754人 更新日期:106-05-23